10.07.2010

Bad walking score?


Walkscore.com  I love you.  I came upon you a few months ago and forgot who you were, and yet I missed you.  But here you are again, ready to tell me how far away everything is from my house.  You are so eager to share all the little details and business, park, and other "amenities" as you call them.  I love you.
My address only has a 23 out of a 100 for a score but for me that is plenty.  I don't need a huge shopping mall, amusement parks or anything else.  And Walkscore...you forgot that I have a beach 1 mile south of me!  That is enough for me and my family.  Walkscore, I love how you remind me of all that there is to do and walk to. I hate how you only say my suburban community is still a "Car-dependent".  Sure it is, if I actually am carrying groceries back to the house or wanting to go to church.  *sigh* Walkscore, you have stolen my heart.  From here on out, I pledge to walk to the library instead of drive, walk to the beach, walk to the wine tasting deli that I love so much...thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment